20 Ways To Increase Website Traffic and
Here's a fast, easy list for you. Use it as checklist to see what you need
to do to increase traffic. Or use it as a review list if you have already
been working on improving your website traffic. It will help you find ways
that you might have known or forgotten.
1. People love to receive free or win free stuff, whether they really
need it or want it. A free eBook is perfect to satisfy those needs over
the Internet. They will visit your website to get the free valuable
2. Give away the full version of your eBook in exchange for
testimonials. You can use these customer statements to improve your ads'
3. When you create an eBook, you change your image to "Expert." This
will gain people's trust and they will buy your main product or service
4. Publish your website in eBook format. Put the eBook on a disk or
CD-ROM then include it with your direct mail packages. This can increase
the number of people that buy your product or service.
5. Offer your eBook as a free bonus for buying one of your main
products or services. People will buy the product or service more often
when you offer a free bonus.
6. Allow people to download your free eBook, if they give the e-mail
addresses of 3 to 5 friends or associates that would be interested in your
eBook. This will quickly build your e-mail list.
7. Create a directory of websites in eBook form. List peoples websites
in the directory that will agree to advertise the eBook on their website
or e-zine (electronic newsletter). This will give them an incentive to
give away or advertise your eBook.
8. Allow other people to give away your free eBook. This will increase
the number of people that will see your ad in the eBook. You could also
include a mini catalog of all your product or services that you offer in
9. Gain new leads by having people sign up and give you their contact
information before they can download your eBook. This is a very effective
way to conduct market research.
10. Make money selling advertising space in your eBook. You could
charge for full-page colour ads, classified ads or banners ads. You could
also trade advertising space in your eBook for other forms of advertising.
11. Give away the eBook as a gift to your current customers as a way of
letting them know you appreciate their business. Place an ad in the eBook
for a new back end product you are offering
12. Get free advertising by submitting your eBook to freebie and
freeware/shareware websites. This will increase the number of people that
will download your eBook and see your ad.
13. Make money by selling the reprint rights to those that would like
to sell the eBook. You could also make even more money by selling the
master rights. This would allow other people to sell the reprint rights.
14. Hold a contest on your website so people can win your eBook. You
will get free advertising by submitting your contest ad to free contest or
sweepstakes directories. Just make sure you publicize the winner's
information -- they love the acknowledgment.
15. You will gain valuable referrals from people telling others about
your eBook. Word of mouth advertising can be very effective.
16. Make money cross promoting your eBook with other people's products
or services. This technique doubles your marketing effort without spending
more time and money on your part.
17. Increase your e-zine subscribers by giving away your eBook to
people that subscribe to your e-zine. This will give people an incentive
to subscribe. Allow your e-zine subscribers to also give it away to
multiply your subscribers.
18. Give away the eBook to people that join your affiliate program.
This will increase the number of people that subscribe. You could also
create an eBook for them to use that will help them promote your product
19. Give away the eBook in exchange for people leaving their contact
information. This will help you follow-up with the prospects that buy your
main product or service.
20. Offer a free eBook that contains a couple of sample chapters. If
they like it, give them the option of ordering the full version. It would
work just like a software demo or shareware.
You will want to print this list and keep it in your website
improvement file if you aren't quite ready. Or add it to your planning
Catherine Franz, a Professional Marketing & Writing Coach, specializes
in product development, Internet writing and marketing, nonfiction,
training. Newsletters and articles available at: